Everything about CPHQ – Tips and Requirements
CPHQ stands for certified professional in healthcare quality. It is one of the most important certifications for professionals who are in the healthcare industry. In this blog, you will learn everything about CPHQ – tips and requirements. The CPHQ exam can be tricky to deal with and hence you need to know everything about the exam and certification before you take up the training. Let’s get to the main topic and see everything about CPHQ- Tips and requirements.
What is CPHQ?
CPHQ is Certified Professionals in Healthcare Quality is a training and certification course for those in the healthcare sector. It helps maintain the healthcare quality standards and promotes continuous improvement. After doing the CPHQ training, one can assess the current healthcare activities and operations in the organisation and bring in new ideas to improve the process.
A CPHQ exam is conducted by NAHQ ( National Association of Healthcare Quality, USA) only. You can get your training from Anexas but to become a certified professional you need to take the CPHQ exam conducted by NAHQ. Let’s look at everything about CPHQ- tips and requirements.
Benefits of CPHQ certification
CPHQ has many benefits. Some of them include interpreting the requirements of healthcare organisations, maintaining continuous improvements, better job profiles, and higher salaries. Apart from this, some other benefits of CPHQ certification are listed below.
- Identify root causes- One benefit of the CPHQ examination is to understand and identify the root causes of healthcare problems and also identify the potential opportunities and key performance in measuring the effectiveness of hospital healthcare systems.
- Reduce errors- In the healthcare sector, errors are the difference between life and death. One cannot afford to make such mistakes. With the help of CPHQ training, you will be able to reduce mistakes in diagnosis, treatments and other healthcare processes. You will be able to develop effective healthcare plans and audit the non-conformance, ensuring the stability of the healthcare system.
- Organisational leadership – One of the key topics in CPHQ is leadership. A team can work effectively with the help of a good leader. A leadership skill must be developed irrespective of the field of work, and in the healthcare field, it adds even more value to your profile.
- Continuous improvement- With the data analytics tool and other concepts you will be able to ensure continuous improvement in your organisation. Healthcare is a field of continuous advancements. With new technologies and methods always arising, you must always update and polish your skill set.
- High recognition- A CPHQ exam can be slightly tricky to clear. But with the right training, you can pass the exam with ease. Once you become a CPHQ, your worth in the organisation will increase as it will signify that you have the necessary skills and knowledge to keep the healthcare standards high.
- Better salaries- There is no doubt that CPHQ professionals earn better salaries than their non-certified colleagues. With such knowledge and skills, companies will want to invest in you, which simply means, better salaries and growth.
- International opportunities- CPHQ is in high demand all over the globe. Becoming a CPHQ would give you better career options and international opportunities as well.
- Influential network- A CPHQ certification is a credential that signifies both professional and academic achievement for those who want to pursue a career in healthcare quality and safety. This means that you will be able to enhance your professional network as well.
Is CPHQ worth it?
Yes, CPHQ is definitely worth it. With the help of the CPHQ training, you will be able to pass the CPHQ exam in the first attempt, perform healthcare data analytics, maintain continuous process improvement in the hospital, implement quick quality measures, manage risks, and reduce errors and increase your salaries and job profiles.
A CPHQ training and certification moulds you into a completely new individual who sees healthcare processes with a fresh perspective. CPHQ training and certification may require some time, effort and money, but it is all worth it in the end.
CPHQ exam details money, but it is all worth it in the end.
There are no defined requirements for the CPHQ exam. However, some details must be noted before applying. To become a certified CPHQ, you must pass the CPHQ exam conducted by NAHQ. The exam is a computer-based exam which can be given online or by going to test centres. The exam consists of 140 questions out of which 125 are scored and 15 are pretest questions.
Pretest questions are not considered for scoring, however, you will not be able to identify which questions are pretest questions and which are considered for the final score. The exam consists of approximately 23% recall, 57% application, and 20% analysis. The exam is for 3 hours.
On passing the examination you get a CPHQ digital badge and a printable certificate. You can also use the CPHQ credential with your name. The CPHQ certificate is valid for 2 years, after which you will need to apply for recertification. Professionals who do not get the required score can submit a new application. For recertification, you need to document 30 CE hours (continuing education). All CE must relate to areas covered in the most current examination content outline.
CPHQ exam prerequisites
There are no formal prerequisites to apply for the CPHQ exam. It is recommended, though not compulsory, to have some professional work experience in the healthcare field. The certificate is valid for 2 years and you will require a recertification every 2 years.
Anyone in the healthcare sector, for example, a doctor, a quality director, a medical and nursing director, a quality officer or coordinator, an accreditation officer, a healthcare administrator or manager, a healthcare professional interested in managerial or quality jobs, a senior nurse, a lab technician, a physician, a risk manager, or even a case manager, can take up the CPHQ exam.
How to get my CPHQ certification?
There is a simple way to get your CPHQ certification. However, since the exam can be tricky, make sure you get the right training before you give the exam. Given below are the steps to get your CPHQ certification.
- Plan the date you want to give your CPHQ exam
- Find the right institution to get your CPHQ training
- Get your CPHQ training and apply for the exam conducted by NAHQ
- Pass the exam and become a CPHQ within 2 weeks
CPHQ exam tips
- There are some tips to become a CPHQ professional in no time.
- There are no formal eligibility requirements to sit for the exam.
- The average passing rate for those who take the CPHQ exam is roughly 65-75%.
- If a passing score is not achieved, a candidate may re-apply to take the exam 90 days after the initial exam date. The exam can be taken a maximum of three times within a calendar year.
- If a passing score is not achieved on three attempts within a calendar year, then the candidate must wait a full calendar year from the last attempt to reapply to test again.
What is the passing score?
The average passing rate for those who take the CPHQ exam is roughly 65-75%.
Why should I become a CPHQ?
CPHQ has many benefits like being able to interpret the requirements of healthcare organisations, having the capability of maintaining continuous improvements, better job profiles, and higher salaries.
Who can take up the CPHQ certification?
The list includes ,but is not restricted to, a doctor, a quality director, a medical and nursing director, a quality officer or coordinator, an accreditation officer, a healthcare administrator or manager, a healthcare professional interested in managerial or quality jobs, a senior nurse, a lab technician, a physician, a risk manager, or a case manager.
How long does a CPHQ certification take?
After passing the CPHQ certification you will get the digital batch and the certificate within 2 weeks.
Which is the best institute for CPHQ training?
Anexas Europe is the best institute for your CPHQ training. Anexas trainers are extremely qualified and skilled with over 10 years of experience. Anexas has trained over 75,000 healthcare professionals.
How much does CPHQ training cost?
The CPHQ training can cost you between $150-$300.