Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification In Hindi
Could we say that you are prepared to see the genuine potentiality of Lean Six Sigma? Lean Six Sigma is the most popular technique utilized by organizations to reduce squandering, further develop effectiveness, increment consumer loyalty and increment benefits. Anexas is an accredited training organization (ATO) of IASSC and Anexas Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is acknowledged internationally. Join this course if you have any desire to stand apart from the crowd and have the energy to have an effect on your work environment.
Anexas Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification is a mixed certification of Lean and Six Sigma where you will gain proficiency with the strategies of reducing time while conveying products and furthermore a restrained way to deal with work on the quality and keep up with consistency in the conveyance of products and services.
- Lifetime access to online training videos to support the learning.
- All study material is required for the training.
- Participants will be certified by ANEXAS Europe (accredited to IASSC).
- Soft and hard copy of certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certificate.
- International recognition.
- Lifetime validity of Lean Six Sigma certificates.
- 100% Pass rate guaranteed.
- Lifetime membership to Anexas Alumni group.
- Life Time Tuition waiver for repeating the Lean Six Sigma Green belt training anywhere in the world by just paying the administrative charges.
- Get a chance to win cashback benefits.
- Online Line Customer support 24*7.
- Recorded Sessions of complete Lean Six Sigma Green Belt- By Amitabh Saxena.
- Project guidance with Amitabh Saxena.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification by Anexas Europe.
- Lifetime access to learning videos.
- Training material provided.
- One FREE online session with Amitabh Saxena.
- Introduction to class
- Introduction to Anexas
- Course purpose & objectives
- What is Six Sigma
- History of Six Sigma
- Estimating process sigma
- Understanding Variation
- Overview of DMAIC
- Overview of DMADV
- Case study
- DMAIC storyboard template
- Project Selection Criteria
- Team charter
- Project Charter
- Elements of Project Charter
- Quality, systems, and processes
- Work as a process
- What is VOC and importance
- Defining the customers
- VOC data collection plan
- Reactive/proactive data collection systems
- Analyzing customer data – affinity diagram
- Kano model
- Defining CTQs
- Setting specifications for CTQs
- VOC data collection plan
- Understanding Processes
- Examples on SIPOC
- Basic statistics and introduction to Minitab
- Normal distribution
- Mean and standard deviation
- How data can help
- Data characteristics
- Five-step data collection process
- Step 1: Clarify Data Collection Goals
- Stratifying data
- Types of data
- Step 2: Develop Operational Definitions and Procedures
- Operational definitions
- Sampling approaches
- Determining sample size
- Population versus process samplingChecksheets
- Step 3: Validate the Measurement System
- Problems with measurement
- Desired measurement characteristics for continuous variables
- Gage R&R study
- Gage linearity study
- Checking a measurement system for discrete data
- Time-ordered data
- Understanding variation
- Variation versus specifications
- Taguchi Loss Function
- Types of variation, appropriate responses
- Special cause, common cause
- Plots of variation
- Control charts
- Specifications and control limits
- Develop a focused problem statement
- Identify potential causes
- Brainstorming, Five Whys
- Understand relationships between potential causes
- Might-cause check
- Cause-and-effect diagram
- Tree diagram
- Prioritizing Input Variables
- Verifying cause-and-effect data
- Scatter plots
- Pareto Charts
- Box Plots
- Process maps
- Identifying Value-Added path
- VA/NVA analysis
- Identifying flow issues
- 8 wastes
- Cycle time
- Value Stream Mapping (VSM)
- Involving people
- Lean solutions
- Generating solution alternatives
- Evaluating solutions
- Prioritization matrix, Pugh matrix
- Task and timeline planning
- Budget and resource planning
- Planning for change
- Planning to check
- Potential problem analysis
- Implementing the plans
- Quantifying results
- Evaluation and reactions
- Link improvement to management system
- Methods for monitoring and control
- Ongoing data collection, process control
- Variation and individuals charts
- Control charts for high-volume processes with subgroups: x bar and r charts
- Control charts for discrete data: p, np, c, and u charts
- Project closure
- Closure checklist
Reduce procurement time
Reduce patient discharge time
Reduction of errors and reworks in bank
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course is an extensively designed training program for professionals who aim to make a difference in their workplace and improve the way processes are designed and operated. The focus of this course is to train professionals in techniques and concepts that can be applied to improve any process in any industry. You will also learn many tools that are extremely important to efficiently run a process.
Yes. Once you pay the fees for the training, all the other costs such as certification cost, examination cost, study material costs, tools and software cost, and project training cost will be included and no extra charges will be levied.
Yes, you can directly become a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. No prior knowledge is required for this course. You can join Anexas Lean Six Sigma Training and become a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt professional in just 3 weeks.
If you do not want to pay at once, you can pay a token amount while registering and the rest anytime before the end of the course.
Anexas offers the following payment options:
- Card payment
- Net Banking
- If the cancellation is done by the delegate before 72 hours of the start of the training, 10% will be deducted as administration fee.
- If the cancellation is done by the delegate after that, no refund will be made.
- After making the payment, the delegate can postpone the training date and join another batch, without any additional charges.