Data science refers to the process of collecting, storing, segregating, and analyzing data which serves as a valuable resource for organizations to carry out data-driven decision-making. The value of the Data Science market demand is slated to reach $16 billion by 2025. There is a huge scope of Data Science in top industries such as Media & Entertainment, Retail, Automotive, Professional Services, Digital Marketing, Telecommunications, Cyber Security, Mining, Healthcare, and Oil and Gas Extraction. Entry-level data scientists with 1 to 4 years of experience get more than ₹6 lakhs per annum.
This article covers the scope of data science and the different uses of data science in different domains which will help you successfully understand the Scope of data science for your progress.
To know more about the scope of Data Science in different industries, you may join this
Introduction of data science
Data science works on raw data, structured and unstructured, to find insights for business decision-making. Data Science is an interdisciplinary field with different professionals involved at different levels to turn data into information using algorithms, statistics, and other scientific approaches. Data Science involves multiple processes to get insights.
The lifecycle below establishes the scope of data science in the field of data-related organizations
- Business understanding for data acquisition.
- Data processing
- Data analysing
- Data modeling
- Data Visualization
What is the Scope of Data Science
Data science is a field that blends many tools and algorithms to extract valuable information from data. This field incorporates various disciplines, such as statistics, machine learning, predictive analytics, artificial intelligence, data engineering, data preparation, data mining, data visualisation, mathematics, and software programming.
Future Scope of Data Science
Let’s now have a look into the future scope of data science. The demand for Data Science positions will rise even further. There are quite a lot of jobs currently, but a significant number of the jobs will come out of Data Science shortly. One recent survey confirms that around 2 million jobs in Data Science are vacant currently. And it is just the beginning.
The Covid-19 pandemic has led to an inevitable surge in the usage of digital technologies due to the social distancing norms and nationwide lockdowns. A few future scope of Data Science are:
- Scope of data science has increased applications across domains like Blockchain technology will become important and will entail research on design and regulations.
- Augmented reality and virtual reality technology opens data analytics to a wider user group than just data scientists.
- Today, data scientists are using blockchain technology to ensure the authenticity and track the data at every point on the chain.
- Data science can deliver practical understandings and help in the decision-making of strategic decisions concerning the healthcare system.
Scope of Data Science in different sectors?
Scope of Data Science enables companies to efficiently understand gigantic data from multiple sources and derive valuable insights to make smarter data-driven decisions. Data Science is widely used in various domains, including marketing, healthcare, finance, banking, cyber security and more. For example, marketing departments use data science to determine which product is most likely to sell through the data reports which are generated by Data Science.
Let us discuss the Scope of Data Science in a few major industries
Healthcare data is information about a patient’s mental and physical well being, and the biological, environmental, or socioeconomic aspects that contribute to it. The data can be about an individual, set, or entire population. It is frequently collected as part of routine clinical care or research studies. Other sources of health-related data include climate monitoring data, location data, or data from phone apps.
A few applications of data science in healthcare are
- Atomization in medical application data analysis.
- Advanced analytical and computing techniques.
- Gather more data in leading clinical practices.
- Shrink research discovery time.
- Streamline administration.
- Personalized engagement paradigms at an industrial scale.
Cyber security is a field that combines methods and processes to protect computer systems, networks, and data from internal or external threats. With the growing usage of the online web for online transactions, the internet has become susceptible and issues like Ransomware, Phishing, Masquerading, Eavesdropping, fraud email, network hacking for espionage, and hacking for asking for money has become very common. And through Data Science, all these are verified before they occur.
A few applications of data science in cyber security are
- Detecting all these frauds is before they occur.
- Verifying sources for authenticity.
- Using machine learning models for automation
- Protecting data through automation.
Aviation and Airlines
Airlines can use big data to drill down into customers’ buying habits. By analyzing variables and aggregating historic information. Optimization of routes is possible through data science, as well as preventive maintenance.
A few applications of data science in aviation are
- Evaluate passenger demands across different routes.
- Use data insights to enhance aircraft ground handling.
- Redefine passengers’ airport experience with biometric boarding.
- In the future, personalizing offers for individual travelers based on their preferences and readiness to pay.
Ecommerce and Retail
In the retail business, the customer profile analysis becomes important and that is done through Data Science. The companies promote their products through these types of analysis
A few application of data science in retail are
- Revenue prediction-based planning.
- Profit-loss estimations.
- Client’s moods analysis.
- Product performance analysis.
- Marketing, and sales-based analysis.
Using data science, manufacturers can recognize the defects of the product and use the data to improve the present products or develop a new one. Warranty analytics along with Artificial Intelligence helps manufacturers to process huge volumes of warranty-related data from several sources and discover warranty related issues.
A few application of data science in retail are
- Increasing number of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) devices.
- Gathering data from these connected devices.
- sending it to manufacturers for operations.
Scope of Data Science in India
– In India, Data science continues to progress as a discipline using computer science and statistical methodology to make useful estimates and gain insights in a wide variety of fields. While Data Science is used in areas such as space science and medicine, it is also used in business to help make smarter decisions. Data science technology has generated numerous jobs with handsome pay scales compared to other IT jobs. Salary of data scientists in India as per Ambitionbox is Rs. 4.0 – 6.8 LPA for entry level and Senior data scientists are drawn an average salary of Rs. 20 LPA in India.
As the spread of Covid-19 spread across India, most of the processes started happening online. With everything taking place online, there was a huge amount of data generated through these processes, which accelerated the growth of data scientists in India.
Using Data, Each day shows a sudden surge in covid cases and new cases reported since the previous day
Career scope in data science
The career scope of a data scientist is huge with an increase in data generated every day. The Data Science job description involves gathering information from various sources and analyzing it to get a clear understanding of how a company performs. Let us discuss some common job profiles in data science which are high on demand and salary benefits.
Data scientists Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes, undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data, analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns, build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms and combine models through ensemble modeling.
These are the skill sets for Data Scientists
- Statistical analysis and computing.
- Machine Learning.
- Deep Learning.
- Data Visualisation.
- Data Wrangling.
Machine learning Engineer
As a machine learning engineer in the industry, you get paid to learn and build solutions. Machine learning engineers research to look at problems in new ways and offer insights around the clock that no human could possibly contextualize alone. AI is one of humanity’s best allies in the future. The artificial intelligence community is still small and close-knit.
These are the skill sets for Machine learning Engineers
- Data Structures.
- Data Modelling.
- Predictive Modelling.
- Clustering Models.
Big Data Engineers
Roles and responsibilities of big data engineers are to store Big Data which can not be stored using traditional methods. They use coding, warehousing and other tools to store and optimise data for businesses.
These are the skill sets for Big Data Engineers
- Analytical Skills.
- Data Visualisation Skills.
- Familiarity with Business Domain and Big Data Tools.
- Skills of Programming.
- SQL – Structured Query Language.
- Skills of Data Mining.
Data engineers work in a variety of settings to build systems that collect, manage, and convert raw data into usable information for data scientists and business analysts to interpret. Their goal is to make data accessible so that organisations can use it to evaluate and optimise their performance
These are the skill sets for Data Engineers
- Database: Oracle, MySQL etc.
- Power BI and Tableau
- SQL, Python and R
As a statistics expert, you will design experiments and manage experiments and conduct surveys and deal with the initial collection of data. You’ll process and analyse the data in context, looking for statistical patterns to help make decisions. You will then advise on findings and recommend new strategies
These are the skill sets for Staticians
- Applied mathematics and statistics.
- Computer literacy,
- Data analysis
- Critical thinking
Data Analysts are tasked to perform different analysis on the refined data to answer questions by data Scientists to solve business problems. They perform Predictive analysis so that the information can be used to predict the future of businesses.
These are the skill sets for Business Analysts
- Understanding the Business Objective
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Negotiation and Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Decision-Making Skills
- Creation of Reports and Dashboards
Data Architects are responsible for visualising and designing an organisation’s enterprise data management framework. This framework describes the processes used to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data.
These are the skill sets for Data Architect
- Applied mathematics and statistics.
- Data visualisation, data migration and data modelling.
- Relational database management systems.
- Database and cloud computing design, architectures, and data lakes.
How does a Data Science certification course help
A Data Science Certification Course enables you to learn and master skills, tools and concepts required by industries to manage and assess their data for the purpose of organisation growth and prosperity. Certificate courses are shorter than a degree course and are designed to prepare you for a career in Data Science.
Anexas Data science courses are divided into three levels; Basic, Intermediate and Advanced. Each course is 45 hours in total duration with live interactive sessions, study materials, assignments and projects to prepare you for the major domains. A few more benefits of Anexas Courses are:
- 100% Job Guarantee
- Structured Education Program
- Most Popular Data Science Tools
- Coding Assignments
- Industry based projects
- Theoretical Concepts to Business Problems
- Updated on the Latest Industry Trends
- Programming languages such as python, TensorFlow, NumPy, seaborn, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and natural language processing
- Other concepts such as data modelling and data analytics.
In a nutshell, there is an extensive Scope of Data Science in the present and future scenarios. A significant aspect of Data Science is the preparation of data for analysis, including cleaning, combining, and manipulating it to perform advanced analyses. There are top companies hiring data science professionals in reputed positions with higher salary benefits. The future of Data Science is even brighter and taking a career in data science is going to open new doors in coming years.
What is the scope of data science in India?
Data Science is in demand in developing countries like India for huge data related operations.
What are the job opportunities in data science?
Industries like healthcare, manufacturing, security, telecommunications, automations, and others require data science professionals like, data scientist, data analysts, Statistician, big data engineers, data engineers etc.
Is data science a good career option?
Yes, Data Science is an excellent career option with around 2 million job requirements in present and growing demand in future. Etc
How is a data science certificate helpful?
Data science certificates help with jobs as they provide in-depth knowledge and verify your knowledge with a certificate
How is the qualification to pursue data science?
Data science can be pursued after 12th with a diploma or a certificate in a data science course. There are several graduation programmes, but they are not compulsory for jobs.
What is the salary range for data scientists?
The salary of data scientists in India as per Ambitionbox is Rs. 4.0 – 6.8 LPA for entry-level and Senior data scientists are drawn an average salary of Rs. 20 LPA in India
Is Data Science a tough syllabus?
No, Data Science is easy to learn. Aspiring Data Scientists are essential to know mathematics and statistics as several predictive algorithms use mathematical and statistical concepts to troubleshoot a model. The tools of implementation are generally R and Python, and they need some coding skills.
How To Start A Career in Data Science?
One can get certified easily by attending Data science courses that help an individual gain good knowledge and recognition. Anexas provides basic data science courses. you will get the basic knowledge needed to start off your Data Science journey
What is the outcome of online Data Science training?
You will understand what Data Science is and will learn different aspects of it. Upon completing this course, you will be able to prepare your data for analysis, perform basic visualization of data and model your data.