All about Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification
Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification is a professional certificate that signifies that you have what it takes to change the process and lead a team to success. In the Lean Six Sigma training you will be familiarized with advanced concepts and complex statistical tools and learn all about Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification. It gives a deeper understanding of all the aspects of Lean Six Sigma and also grows leadership skills within you. There are plenty of benefits after the training and certification. In this blog, you will learn all about Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification.
What is Lean Six Sigma certifications
Lean Six Sigma is a collaboration of lean tools and Six Sigma methodologies. Companies employ Lean Six Sigma methodologies to minimize the chances of errors in the business process. In total there are 5 levels of Lean Six Sigma certification:
- Lean Six Sigma White belt
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow belt
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt
- Lean Six Sigma Black belt
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black belt
Who should get the Lean Six Sigma Black belt certificate?
All about Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification : Eligibility & prerequisites
Employees who are passionate about their career or want to improve the quality of a process can take up the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification. In short, anyone and everyone can take up the Lean Six Sigma black belt certification, including-
- Managers and senior managers from all industries
- Team leaders
- Project Managers
- Quality professionals
- Management and Engineering Students
- Any enthusiast wishing to improve processes
- Professionals interested to start on their own
To become a Lean Six Sigma Black belt, you need to be a trained Lean Six Sigma Green belt first. You can directly go for the Lean Six Sigma Green and Black belt combo. There are no other prerequisites to get the Black Belt training and certification. Some other prerequisites vary with the institute that offers the training.
Job opportunities and salary : Before and after Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification
|Job opportunities||Salary before certification (in INR)||Salary after certification (in INR)|
|Quality improvement specialist||9,00,000 – 10,00,000||14,00,000 – 16,00,000|
|Vice president operations||31,00,000 – 34,00,000||40,00,000 – 50,00,000|
|Operations manager||7,00,000 – 7,50,000||9,00,000 – 11,00,000|
|Senior operation manager||9,00,000 – 11,00,000||16,00,000 – 20,00,000|
|Supply chain manager||8,00,000||10,00,000 – 12,00,000|
|Manager process excellence||12,00,000||15,00,000 – 18,00,000|
|Assistant manager||7,00,000 – 9,00,000||11,00,000 – 14,00,000|
Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification topics
The Lean Six Sigma Black belt covers every aspect of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. Below are the list of curriculum.
- Green Belt Recap
- DMAIC concepts
- LSS Projects Case Studies
- Voice of customer (VOC)
- Quality Function Deployment (QFD)
- Hypothesis Testing
- Central Limit Theorem
- Project Guidance
- Design of experiments (DOE)
- Control charts
Preparation for the exam
- Be clear in the purpose of writing the Lean Six Sigma certification.
- You need to take up a Lean Six Sigma Green belt training prior to taking up a Lean Six Sigma Black belt course
- Make sure your basics and fundamental concepts on Lean tools and Six Sigma methodologies are strong.
- Preparation through case study is one of the best methods to get a thorough understanding of the concepts.
- Application of Lean Six Sigma in the business process will give a real experience and a platform to improve your skills
Lean Six Sigma Black belt Examination pattern
Lean Six Sigma Black belt written exam comprises 100 questions that need to be answered within 3 hours.
Additionally you have to take up 2 projects during the course of time.
If you fail to clear the exam in the first attempt, you can sit for the second attempt. In Anexas, the first 3 attempts will not be charged.
Benefits of Lean Six Sigma Black belt
Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification equips you with enough knowledge in problem solving in the processes. This experience gives you confidence to guide and lead other professionals in continuous improvement of the business processes. Along with this, it improves your innate skills such as leadership and decision making and also widens your job opportunities.
Job opportunities after certification
After becoming a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt professional, you will be able to lead project teams and make a process extremely efficient and error free.
Some job opportunities after Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification are listed below-
- Program Manager
- Six Sigma consultant
- Senior Manager- Business Excellence
- Continuous improvement expert
- Business Process manager
- AVP – Process Excellence
- Lead Quality Auditor
- Operations Excellence manager
- Process Automation manager
- Quality assurance manager
5 Reasons to do Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification
- A Lean Six Sigma certificate in your resume can give you plenty of advantages in your career, one such advantage is promotions. The certificate shows that you are capable of handling complex projects.
- Lean Six Sigma certified professionals earn a better package than their non – certified counterparts. According to a survey, Lean Six Sigma Black belt certified professionals are one of the highest paid employees.
- It improves your ability to solve problems and manage risks and crises by giving you real time applications to work on.
- Lean Six Sigma Black belt training will connect you with various professionals from different industries. This will widen your professional network.
- Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification equips you with enough knowledge in problem solving in the processes. You can guide individuals who are studying other Lean Six Sigma courses. This will develop your leadership skills.
Where to get the Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification?
There are many certification partners for the Lean Six Sigma black belt. Anexas, American Society of Quality (ASQ), and International Association of Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) are top 3 certification bodies of Lean Six Sigma. Anexas provides all facilities and courses at the most affordable costs. You can choose between online and offline training. Moreover, all the certificates in Anexas are valid for a lifetime and hold an international recognition.
Lean Six Sigma helps you increase your skill set as it includes both projects and written exams. It is one of the most reputed professional certifications. Thus, the return you get on your invested time, effort and money is high. Anexas offers training in a fun and interactive manner.
At Anexas, everyone aims to make your Lean Six Sigma journey smooth and ensures that all concepts and techniques are well understood and all questions are answered during training.
What is Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification?
Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification is the second highest level certification in Lean Six Sigma. It gives you a complete knowledge and experience on Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
The duration of the certificate depends upon the training institute. In general, the average duration of the Lean Six Sigma Black belt is between 1 to 3 months.
Is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt worth it?
Yes, Lean Six Sigma Black belt is definitely worth it. During the course, you will spend a lot of time working on projects, using applications and principles of Lean Six Sigma. Being a certified professional can also increase your pay scale.
How difficult is the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt exam?
Lean Six Sigma is not a difficult exam to clear if your fundamentals are strong. The exam focuses on the concepts of Lean Six Sigma and tests your practical knowledge. If you take systematic training and follow a disciplined schedule, you can clear the exam with good scores.
Can Six Sigma increase salary
Yes, Lean Six Sigma can increase your salary. Surveys conducted across companies showed that Lean Six Sigma Black belt certified professionals earn much higher than the non – certified counterparts.