One of the finest and highly valued certifications in the industry is the Lean Six Sigma certification. Many professionals are confused about Lean Six Sigma certification. Lean Six Sigma is a blend of Lean tools and Six Sigma techniques that mainly focus on improving quality. Lean Six Sigma is synonymous with ‘High Quality’. In this blog, you will understand everything about Lean Six Sigma certification.
History and timeline of Lean Six Sigma certification
Lean Six Sigma, earlier famously known as just ‘Six Sigma’, first originated in 1986 in the United States in Motorola. Originally it was created to felicitate the vision of Bob Galvin, the CEO of Motorola to improve the organization 5x in all areas. In 1995 GE (General Electric) implemented Six Sigma and this is when it gained popularity.
Lean originated from Toyota in Japan. Ever since then, Lean Six Sigma course concepts and tools have been inculcated in companies of all sizes and have shown remarkable changes over time. Some companies that have embedded Lean Six Sigma in its very core are Amazon, GE, Microsoft, Tesla Motors, GM, Boeing, Dell, Ford, Motorola, Wipro, and many more.
Anexas organizes Free Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training with certification provided at minimum cost. This initiative encourages professionals to understand the importance of Lean Six Sigma methodology and take the next step for career advancement.
Levels of Lean Six Sigma course
Let’s jump into the different types of Lean Six Sigma certifications that you can attain and how these certifications will help you.
- Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certificate– Before you dive straight into the deep you need to test the waters. This is exactly what a Lean Six Sigma White Belt does. It teaches you the basic definition, history, origins, and use of Lean Six Sigma. Some may think that this certification is not important but if you are new to Lean Six Sigma and wish to move step by step then the Lean Six Sigma White Belt certification will be helpful. After becoming a certified Lean Six Sigma White belt you will be able to take part in change management discussions and also help in problem solving tasks.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification– Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is the next level in Lean Six Sigma. Again, some people directly wish to jump to Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and tend to omit this certification. However, this certification is important because it lays the foundation for the upcoming levels. One simply cannot make sentences without learning the alphabet. During the Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training, you are taught different conceptual subjects, certain tools, and simple techniques that can be used in solving complex problems, and the DMC parts of DMAIC. You are also given a thorough understanding of the elementary concepts in Lean Six Sigma. Once you grasp a good hold on this, the upcoming levels will become much smoother to understand. After becoming a certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt, you will be able to take part in improvement projects in teams and give your inputs in many complex problem solving groups, though you may not be able to do projects independently.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification– Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training is a very exciting step for an individual in their Lean Six Sigma journey. Once you learn how to balance your bicycle, it’s finally time to remove the side wheels and move forward with full speed. In Lean Six Sigma Green belt training and certification you will learn the advanced elements of Lean Six Sigma and understand DMAIC in detail. After doing this certification you will master DMAIC and will be able to work on projects independently. Other tools and mathematical concepts will also be taught here. You will also be trained to solve complex problems using simple methods. Once you become a certified Lean Six Sigma Belts you become an efficient team player and can work on live quality improvement projects. You will also bridge the gap between Lean Six Sigma theory and the real world applications.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification– Once you become a certified Lean Six Sigma Green belt, the journey only goes upward. With Lean Six Sigma Green belt you become a professional in Lean Six Sigma, but to become an expert you must become a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. In this next level of Lean Six Sigma you will be taught complex statistical tools and techniques which will uplift your skillset. Lean Six Sigma Black belt also focuses on leadership. Hence during the course you will come across many leadership enhancing activities which will help you become more self aware, adaptable and confident. Many professionals get leadership roles after becoming a certified Black belt. You will be able to lead teams solving complex projects.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Certification– After working very hard through all the levels of Lean Six Sigma, Master Black Belt is your final destination. Just like every superhero has its superpower, your superpower can be Lean Six Sigma once you become a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. This certification signifies excellence in Lean Six Sigma and is usually taken up by professionals who aim to attain the highest expertise. Professionals after becoming a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt become self-employed or become consultants in big organizations. A Master Black Belt professional mentors other lean trainees. He or she is able to roll out Lean Six Sigma in any organization from any domain.
Requirements, eligibility and pre-requisites for the certification
Let us see some of the requirements, pre-requisites and eligibility criteria for each of the levels in Lean Six Sigma.
1. Lean Six Sigma white belt certification – Since this is the introductory level in Lean Six Sigma, no prerequisites are required to take up the course. Basic mathematics is all you require to take up this certification. The cost of the certificate is quite nominal. You can also get this training and certification done for no charge from Anexas Europe. There are no set eligibility criteria for this certification.
2. Lean Six Sigma Yellow belt certification – Since this is the foundation level of Lean Six Sigma, no prerequisites are needed. You can directly go for the Yellow Belt certification. A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification does not require any eligibility criteria and the cost of the certification is quite nominal. Anexas Europe provides Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training at no cost.
3. Lean Six Sigma Green belt certification – Green belt qualification is the most popular Lean Six Sigma certification. Prerequisites differ from institute to institute. In the case of ASQ, a minimum 3 years of experience in the work field is required. You can directly go for the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt but it is advised that you attend Anexas Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training to make your fundamentals strong.
4. Lean Six Sigma Black belt certification – For Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training and certification work experience is recommended but not necessary. You can go for the training if you are a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, which is a prerequisite before you can go for the higher-level training and certification..
5. Lean Six Sigma Master Black belt certification – The highest level of Lean Six Sigma certification has some prerequisites to fulfill. You need to be a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt. You cannot take the highest level of training without becoming a certified Black Belt. To sit for the exam, you have to complete a project during your training course and the written exam must be passed with a minimum passing score.
|Anexas allocates your projects during the training and helps you complete them as well. The passing score of the Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt is 40%.|
Job opportunities after Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma professionals are required in all industries. After becoming a certified Lean Six Sigma professional you will get various opportunities both locally and internationally to get your desired role. Here is a list of some of the roles offered to certified Lean Six Sigma professionals.
- Six Sigma consultant
- Quality Engineer
- Continuous process improvement specialist
- Operation Excellence manager
- Industrial Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Team Lead process excellence
- Lean Specialist
- CQO (Chief Quality Officer)
- Data Analyst
Benefits of Lean Six Sigma certification
- Career advancement
- Better remuneration
- Skillset development
- Ability to apply to all industries
- Understanding of the business language
- Expansion of professional network
- Processes error elimination
- Profit maximization for the organization
- Market value enhancement
Accredited partners of Lean Six Sigma certification
Anexas, American Society of Quality (ASQ) and International Association of Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) are some of the well-known certification bodies of Lean Six Sigma. Anexas is highly reputed and has trained and certified over 500,000 professionals globally. All Anexas certificates are valid for a lifetime and are recognized internationally. While other certifications are costly and need recertification every few years, Anexas provides training and certification at the best prices without any need for renewing the certificate.
|White||Certificate and training not provided||Certificate and training not provided||No prerequisites
Certification and training is free of cost
Training cost ranges from provider to provider between $5-$40
Certificate costs $195
|Certificate and training not provided||No Prerequisites
Certification and training ranges from $5-$30
Training cost ranges from provider to provider between $50-$400
Certification cost is $295
Training cost is $420
Certification cost is $438
Training and certification cost ranges from $130-$300
|Black||Must be a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Training cost ranges from provider to provider between $50-$700
Certification cost is $395
|Must be a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Training cost is $760
Certification cost is $538
|Must be a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Training and certification cost ranges from $180-$700
|Master black||Certificate and training not provided||Must be a certified Lean Six Sigma Black belt
Training cost is $650
Certification cost is $2229
|Must be a certified Lean Six Sigma Black belt
Training and certification cost ranges from $300-$800 Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lean Six Sigma certification cost
The Lean Six Sigma certification is highly regarded in industries for its focus on process improvement and efficiency. The Lean Six Sigma certification cost can vary depending on the level of certification and the training provider. Typically, training fees range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. It’s important to consider the value of the certification, as it can lead to significant career advancement and increased earning potential. When deciding on a Lean Six Sigma certification, research various training options, compare costs, and choose a reputable provider that aligns with your career goals and budget.
Lean Six Sigma certification in Anexas
Anexas provides Lean Six Sigma certifications for all levels. Right from Lean Six Sigma White belt to Lean Six Sigma master Black Belt, Anexas trainers provide training with utmost dedication and enthusiasm. All Anexas trainers are certified Master Black Belts with over 30 years of experience. They have given their consultations in some very big companies and have worked on international projects as well.
There is no doubt that they are the best trainers to get your Lean Six Sigma certification from.
Anexas is accredited with IASSC (international Association of Six Sigma Certification) and has been in the industry for over 16 years. All Lean Six Sigma certificates are valid for lifetime and are recognized internationally. If you join Anexas courses, I will be your principal trainer along with other highly experienced trainers.
Anexas provides many combo offers at the best prices. Some of them are given below.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt + Black Belt combo
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt + Green Belt + Black Belt combo
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt + Black Belt + PMP combo
- All Lean Six Sigma Belts combo and many more
By now you would have understood about Lean Six Sigma certification, prerequisites, exams and training institutes. Anexas, IASSC and ASQ are the top training and certification providers in the world. Amongst all, Anexas provides training and certification at the best price. You can read the FAQs to know even more about Lean Six Sigma certification.
What should I know about Lean Six Sigma certification?
Six sigma certification is an internationally recognized certificate. Having this credential in your resume will give a huge jump in your career. Six sigma certified professionals are paid highly.
How Long Does It Take to Get Lean Six Sigma Certification?
Lean Six Sigma certification duration varies with each level of belt. As the difficulty level increases, the duration of the course also increases. On an average it ranges from 1 week to 4 weeks.
Which Six Sigma certification is best?
There are top 3 institutes in India offering six sigma certification namely Anexas, ASQ, and IASSC. Six sigma certification from any of these institutes are considered as the best certification.
What is the purpose of Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma is an important certification for the people pursuing a career in quality. Implementation of six sigma principles can improve the quality of the process and eliminate the wastes in a business process.