Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is the second highest level of certification. It enables you to improve any process in any industry by taking up process improvement projects using complex tools. It gives a thorough understanding of all the aspects of Lean Six Sigma, which includes methodologies, tools and techniques. There are plenty of benefits of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification. Here we will give you a detailed study of each benefit of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma is a collaboration of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. Companies employ Lean Six Sigma to minimize the chances of errors in the business process. In total there are 5 levels of Lean Six Sigma certification.
- Lean Six Sigma White belt
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow belt
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
What is Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification?
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is one of the highly reputed certifications after the Master Black Belt. It equips you with appropriate knowledge and hands-on experience on the tools and procedures used in the business process improvement.
Once you’ve earned your certification, you’ll be able to take on difficult improvement projects and guide them through to success.
15 benefits of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Get international recognition: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt credential is widely recognized globally. The certification can help you achieve your career goals of better position and salary. It is appreciated in all industries across all domains.
- Increase your remuneration: If you are a qualified Lean Six Sigma professional, you can expect a generous remuneration package. A survey conducted across the companies indicates that Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified professionals get 40%-65% higher earnings.
- Become a mentor: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification equips you with enough knowledge of problem solving in the processes. This experience gives you enough confidence to guide other professionals in continuous improvement of the business process.
- Improve your abilities: You can build upon your experience in your field and perform better. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training will help you improve your problem-solving, critical thinking, and crisis management skills.
- Start on your own: After getting real-world experience in process quality management during the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training, you can consider becoming a self-employed Lean Six Sigma consultant. Master Black Belt certification after Black Belt can help you to reach there faster.
- Sharpen your leadership skills: You will have the opportunity to strengthen your leadership qualities during the training. You will be trained not only to become a Lean Six Sigma professional but will also be encouraged to work as a team leader and a team player. This will provide you with practical experience in leading teams.
- Consolidate your position in the company: Being a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified professional shows that you have the skills required to face any challenge in the company. Companies retain such employees as they are the ‘go-to person’ for any problems in the company. Hence, your job will not only remain secure but also gain importance.
- Broaden your professional network: As part of your Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification, you will engage with a variety of professionals while working on a project. In addition to that, once you’ve been certified, you’ll be able to join the top Six Sigma professional networks.
- Be a great strategist: This course will provide you with sufficient knowledge of all Lean tools and Six Sigma approaches. With this intelligence, you can create strategies that will benefit both the organization and its employees.
- Business Language Proficiency: The Lean Six Sigma certification teaches you how to use business terms in the industry. When working on projects, you will need to meet new individuals and collaborate with other teams to share your ideas. In these situations, using business language will assist you in managing your project and ensuring that your team is on the same page.
- Be an internal consultant or adviser to your company: Lean Six Sigma certification gives you enough confidence to consult the various departments in your organization when they face difficulties.
- Join the industry of your choice: The Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques are applicable to all industries in equal measure. Now you have the choice to join that dream company!
- Be a good Decision Maker: Lean Six Sigma teaches you data analysis to make right decisions and validate the root causes before you make the changes to the process. As a Lean Six Sigma professional, you will be in a position to make decisions with 95% confidence just like a scientist.
- Gain Project Management knowledge: Lean Six Sigma is about projects. Here, you will apply project management skills and get to work with project professionals where you will have an opportunity to get hands-on training on project management.
- Eliminate errors: Error proofing is one key tool of Lean Six Sigma. It also equips you with techniques like mistake proofing (Poka-Yoke/ Fool-proofing) so that even by mistake you are not able to commit a mistake. Poka-Yoke ensures even fools cannot commit a mistake!
Salary benefits of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
Here is a list of job roles and their salaries before and after doing Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
|job and roles||Salary before Black Belt (in INR)||Salary after Black Belt (in INR)|
|Quality improvement specialist||9,00,000 – 10,00,000||14,00,000 – 16,00,000|
|Vice president operations||31,00,000 – 34,00,000||40,00,000 – 50,00,000|
|Operations manager||7,00,000 – 7,50,000||10,00,000 – 13,00,000|
|Senior operation manager||9,00,000 – 11,00,000||16,00,000 – 20,00,000|
|Supply chain manager||8,00,000 – 9,00,000||10,00,000 – 12,00,000|
|Manager process excellence||12,00,000||15,00,000 – 18,00,000|
|Assistant manager||7,00,000 – 9,00,000||11,00,000 – 14,00,000|
Advantages of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt for individuals
As previously stated, this certificate will raise your income, improve your skills, and help you stay focused on your career goals. Your contribution to the company will be high because you will be a certified professional, which will keep your position in the organization solid.
Advantages of Lean Six Sigma Black Belt for organizations
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is beneficial to the company. It eliminates errors by detecting and eliminating inefficient processes. As a result, the production costs are reduced. Eventually, the organization’s profit rises.
If you recruit Lean Six Sigma certified professionals, they can scale up the grade of outcomes that are delivered to the clients. In the end, customer satisfaction matters.
Is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt worth it?
The cost to pursue Lean Six Sigma is slightly high. This is one of the reasons that people hesitate to register, but the results are worth the price. The effort and the time you put in this course will bring a tremendous change in your perspectives towards business. Your business knowledge deepens, and your style of working improves. Lean Six Sigma is definitely worth it.
|You can choose to take Anexas online training options to get a better price.|
Which is the best certification partner for Lean Six Sigma Black Belt?
There are many certification partners for the Lean Six Sigma Black belt. Anexas, American Society of Quality (ASQ) and International Association of Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) are top 3 certification bodies of Lean Six Sigma. ASQ and IASSC are comparatively costly. However, Anexas delivers all the certification and courses at the most competitive costs. You can choose between online and offline modes of learning as well.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is difficult compared to other levels of certificates and requires time, effort and money. You have to complete 2 projects during the course and clear the written exam. But it is worth the time and effort that you put in the training. Above that, Anexas provides training in the best ways by the most experienced trainers to train you to the fullest. So why wait?
Is Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification worth it?
Yes, the Six Sigma Black Belt is worth it. Though it takes effort and time to clear the exam, it surely brings a positive outcome in your career and in your salary.
What is the benefit of a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt ?
There are many benefits of Six Sigma Black Belt . Few of them are listed below-
- Internationally recognized
- Increased remuneration
- Be a mentor
- Improve your abilities.
- Begin on your own
- Sharpen your leadership skills
- Sustain your position in the company
- Broaden your professional network
- Be a great strategist.
- Business Language Proficiency
What can I do with a Lean Six Sigma certification?
After your Lean Six Sigma certification you can apply for any role in any industry as it is applicable in all ventures. Since it is internationally recognized, you can apply for jobs internationally as well.
Will Lean Six Sigma help me get a job?
Yes, it will help you to get a job. Recently, companies are recruiting Lean Six Sigma certified professionals in large numbers as they work efficiently. So, you will have an edge in your resume.