12 Reasons why Six Sigma certification is worth it
Many of us have heard about different certification exams that add value to our career. One such popular certification exam in the corporate industry is Lean Six Sigma certification. There are more than 12 Reasons why Six Sigma certification is worth it. It is one of the best tools and techniques to improve the potential of you and your company. In this article you will learn the 12 Reasons why Six Sigma certification is worth it.
What is Six Sigma certification?
Before getting into why Six Sigma certification is really a worthy certification, we should know what actually is a Six Sigma certification?
- Well, Six Sigma is a set of tools and techniques that are used to improve the quality of the business process.
- Six Sigma is a statistical data driven approach that is used to improve the processes by reducing the variation.
Six Sigma certification courses teach you the concepts and skills required to improve processes in an organization.
12 Reasons why Six Sigma Certification is worth it
- Improves the quality of the process – Six Sigma methodologies consist of 2 major methodologies, DMAIC and DMADV. DMAIC improves the quality of the existing process whereas DMADV targets the quality of the new process. Both these methodologies provide immense value to the companies that implement them. The good news is that the tools and techniques are the same for both methodologies.
- Increases your value – Six Sigma course equips you with experience and knowledge that gives you confidence to handle any type of project. This factor will make you contribute more to the organization thus leading to an increase in your value in the company.
- Enhances your skill set – During the course of training, application of Six Sigma principles in the business process will enhance your innate skills such as decision making, critical thinking, problem solving and many more.
- Customer driven – Six Sigma methodologies follow a customer driven approach. DMAIC and DMADV methodology designs each step of the process based on the customer requirement. In the end, it increases customer satisfaction.
- Maximizes profit – The Six Sigma statistical approach identifies defects and eliminates them. This helps decrease the error and increase the effectiveness. Six Sigma also streamlines the process which in turn reduces the production cost and increases the profits.
- Applicable in all ventures – Six Sigma tools and techniques are accepted across all industries. The lean tools and Six Sigma methodologies can eliminate the errors and improve the quality of the process respectively. Hence it is opted in manufacturing, IT, sales, BPO, banking, oil and gas, KPO, construction and in many other industries.
- A better compensation – Though Six Sigma certification might take time and effort, if you hold this certificate, you will be offered with better remuneration. Surveys conducted across companies showed that Six Sigma certified professionals earn 40% higher.
- Expands your career opportunity – The Six Sigma certificate is acknowledged worldwide. So, you will have numerous opportunities across the world. Having a Six Sigma certificate in your resume will give you an edge in your recruitment in top reputed companies.
- Build your network – Six Sigma certification training allows you to work along with people from different industries. By doing so, you will get to interact with more people and expand your professional network.
- Become an internal consultant to your organization – Excellent knowledge of statistical tools and techniques enables you to advise your own organization to improve processes, products and services.
- Start on your own – Once you gain experience in Lean Six Sigma tools and applications, you get the confidence to improve the processes, products and services of any organization.
- Increase your reputation – Adding a Six Sigma certification against your name is a matter of prestige in the industry.
Everything you need to know about Six Sigma
Six Sigma has become a successful certification course all over the world. By implementing Six Sigma principles, companies can reduce their production cost and increase their profits. Six Sigma tools eliminate the defects, provide effective execution of business processes and decrease the cycle time of projects. These characteristics make the certificate more successful among the industries.
Lean Six Sigma certification levels and what it is used for?
1. Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certificate
Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certificate is the first level that covers the basic concepts of Lean Six Sigma course.
2. Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is the next level. It includes fundamental concepts along with certain problem-solving techniques.
3. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
A Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is the most preferred certification by candidates and the companies. In this course, you will learn about the DMAIC framework and will also be eligible to take part in projects.
4. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
The Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course focuses on application of the DMAIC and DMADV methodologies in real problems. Lean Six Sigma black belts have the capability to guide others to perform better.
5. Lean Six Sigma Master Black Certification
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Certification is the top most level of Certifications. A Master Black Belt professional has the authority to lead any project and has the eligibility to train others. They are also capable of managing projects in an effective way.
Benefits of Six Sigma implementation
- Reduction in operation cost– Six Sigma methodology reduces the cycle time of the project by eliminating the wasteful processes.
- Customer satisfaction – Six Sigma increases the customer satisfaction by decreasing the variation in the business process.
- Time management – Six Sigma inculcates time management skills in employees.
- Crisis management – Six Sigma training gives confidence and helps manage difficult situations.
- Career enhancement – Helps enhance the career of the employees.
- Problem solving – Six Sigma provides knowledge and skills to handle even the most difficult problems in the companies.
- Leadership skills – Six Sigma Green belt and Black belt course allows you to lead and direct projects. This cultivates your leadership skill.
- Motivation to employees – Six Sigma gives a better compensation that will motivate employees to give their best.
What are the requirements and prerequisites for Lean Six Sigma certification?
Lean Six Sigma certification requirements depend upon each certification belt. For white and yellow Lean Six Sigma certification belts, you can apply during your graduation. The Green Belt certification exam requires some knowledge in your field whereas for black belt certification, it is mandatory to complete a project and your Green Belt certification. Anexas helps you complete a virtual project during the online training.
|Anexas self-learn course will cost you around INR6000, whereas the live, online interactive sessions will cost you around INR12,000.|
Is Lean Six Sigma worth the money?
Lean Six Sigma certification on an average cost INR 20,000 – INR 80,000. The price varies according to the certification level and training institute you go with. It might seem costly but the merits are worth the price, time and effort. Moreover, Anexas offers these courses at a very competitive price, depending on your requirement. You can check out our fees structure to get more information.
In this competitive world, companies expect the candidate to know every detail of the domain. Lean Six Sigma certification gives you a breakthrough. You can apply for any job from any industry of your interest.
Value of each belt
- White belt certification cost- The white belt certification course is a free course. Lean Six Sigma white belt certificate focuses on very basic concepts of Lean Six Sigma.
- Yellow Belt Certification cost – The average cost of yellow belt ranges from $100 – $195 (INR 0 – INR 15,000). In this certification course, you will learn about DMAIC methodologies, Six Sigma Principles, and lean tools that are applied in continuous improvement of the process.
To enroll for Anexas free Yellow belt training and certification you can click here.
- Green Belt Certification cost – The average cost of Green belt certification ranges from $100 – $338 (INR 5,000 – INR 25,000). Green certification course teaches the application of DMAIC methodology along with many lean tools.
- Black Belt certification cost – The average cost of the black belt certification ranges from $130 – $500 (INR 10,000 – INR 36,500). This gives you deeper insights about complex statistical tools involved in Lean and Six Sigma. You can lead and direct projects after getting this certification.
- Master Black Belt certification cost- The average cost of the black belt certification ranges from $200 – $2000 (INR 15,000 – INR 1,46,500).
Get free Lean Six Sigma certification from Anexas
Anexas Europe is one of the top most training and certifying institutes in Lean Six Sigma certification in the world. You can do free white belt and yellow belt training from Anexas. You can click here to register for the same.
We provide both online and offline training, 22 hours of direct training for Green belt and 22 hours for Black belt, along with study materials, videos and sample guides to prepare for the exam. You will also be provided with access to sample question papers and mock exams to evaluate your levels. The best part of Anexas is that all these are available at a competitive price!
Certification courses have become a deciding factor in the recruitment processes. Hence it is important to select the right certificate according to your profession. The Lean Six Sigma certification would be the best choice. It is applicable in all industries, recognized internationally and has plenty of benefits.
Is it worth it to get Six Sigma certification?
Yes, definitely. Six Sigma certification is worth the effort. Six Sigma tools and techniques improve your data driven approach towards problems. Six Sigma plays a critical role in expanding your career opportunities.
Will Six Sigma certification help me get a job?
Yes, Six Sigma certification can help you to get a job. Presently, companies and industries expect their employees to have skills related to projects that can bring effective outcomes for the company. Six Sigma certification proves that you are equipped with the expected skills.
Can Six Sigma Certification increase salary?
Yes, Six Sigma certification can increase your salary. According to national salary survey websites, Six Sigma professionals earn 40% higher.
How Much Does Six Sigma Training cost?
Six Sigma training cost differs with the level of certification exam. On an average the Six Sigma training cost ranges from INR 20,000 to INR 80,000. In Anexas you can get Six Sigma training at the best price.
Who is eligible for Six Sigma training?
For the first three levels of certification i.e. white, yellow and green belt certification, there isn’t any eligibility criteria. For black belt however, it is necessary for a candidate to be a trained Lean Six Sigma Green Belt. For Master Black Belt certification, a candidate must be a trained Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.