Lean Six Sigma IT Industry
Lean Six Sigma is a versatile tool and can be used in almost any industry. In IT, Lean Six Sigma finds its special use. Anexas has implemented Lean six Sigma in many IT organizations and each of them have got different benefits. But three benefits have been common to all organizations-
- Improvement in customer satisfaction
- Reduced costs and
- Reduced cycle times
When applied to IT operations, Six Sigma aims to measure and improve both internal processes, such as network speed and reliability and external processes like server response time. Some Lean Six Sigma project examples in IT are-
- Reduction of defect density and issues
- On time project delivery
- Reduction of rework
- Improvement in IT helpdesk services by reducing both time and errors
- Quantification of benefits of IT projects
- Improvement of IT support services
By training the staff of IT companies to use Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques and apply DMAIC methodology i.e. Define , Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control good results are achieved.
Why is Lean Six Sigma so important in this industry?
Lean Six Sigma helps to integrate process excellence in an IT organization’s culture to achieve CMM level 5.
What is the impact on IT organizations after implementing Lean six sigma?
In an IT organization, Lean Six Sigma-
- Improves the efficiency of your business or processes.
- Improves the quality of the services you provide.
- Increases your ROI.
- Improves workforce productivity.
- Reduces the project completion time.
- Delivers faster and more accurate results.
To give few examples some of the tools which have yielded excellent results are
- USE of FMEA – To prevent mistakes in design and system architecture.
- Control Charts – To monitor processes and find special causes in IT operations.
- KANO Model – To classify the Voice Of Customer and requirements of product owner into – must have , good to have , and nice to have.
- 5 Whys – To perform root cause analysis of bugs.