Lean Six Sigma In Construction Industry
Lean and Six Sigma focuses on reducing defects to only 3.4 per million opportunities. Assessing performance and analyzing the data to make sure that the goal has both been achieved and is being maintained are critical to the overall success of Lean Six Sigma in Construction Management. Once a process has been perfected with Six Sigma Methods, there are safeguards as well as checks and balances put into place to ensure that this efficiency continues through the life of a building or structure that has been constructed.
In the construction industry errors mean danger and extremely costly rework using extremely costly raw materials. Taking the time to eliminate errors before they happen is crucial to the success of any company specializing in constructing any type of building or dwelling. If a construction company is looking to minimize defects, then a Lean Six Sigma course can really help the bottom line. The Construction Industry is the branch of manufacture and trade based on the building, maintaining, and repairing of structures. The Six Sigma process is a statistically-based quality control method that reduces errors in a process to near perfection.
Why is Lean Six Sigma so important in this industry?
- Lean Six Sigma focuses on identifying and eliminating any unnecessary waste in a particular system. This is one aspect of the Lean Six Sigma methodology that creates great demand for Lean Six Sigma Certified Professionals, especially true in the construction industry. A primary concern for any construction company, especially during low seasons, is how to cut costs. Lean Six Sigma helps to do this.
- Eliminating errors in processes naturally leads to improved quality. Construction is all about building the best quality structure at the lowest cost– that too on a large scale. A specialized Lean Six Sigma Certification in Construction gives the tools needed to help improve the quality of whatever is being built. All the leading construction companies in the world know to invest in Lean Six Sigma skills while hiring their employees.
- Because Lean Six Sigma eliminates errors and improves quality, customers start to take notice and become loyal to the brand, knowing that they will always be able to get the best construction at the lowest price.
- Companies who utilize Lean Six Sigma methods know the importance of quality, and the quality of their employees are at the top of the list. Six Sigma Certified Employees are a resource that construction companies are willing to invest in. This is why salaries of Six Sigma Certified individuals are on average, significantly more than their non-certified colleagues.
- Lean Six Sigma improves the overall corporate culture within a Construction Company. Because of the hierarchy of Six Sigma Certified individuals, everyone knows their role and expectations within the company – and exactly how teams need to work together to bring about positive changes within a company.