Is PMP certification worth it?
Project Management Professional certification is a recognized credential in the field of project management. It is certified by a Project Management Institution (PMI), a US-based non–profit organization. There are many reasons why pmp certification is worth the cost. To name a few, better salary packages, more career opportunities and many more. In this blog, I give 12 Reasons why PMP certification is worth it.
What is Project Management Professional or PMP?
A Project Management Professional (PMP) is an internationally recognized certificate for project management. It gives you the complete experience of project management. PMP training teaches the complete life cycle of the project i.e. from planning to the execution of the project effectively. The PMP certificate is accredited by PMP, a US-based organization.
12 Reasons why PMP certification is worth it in 2021
In the next 10 years, there will be a requirement of 50 million project management professionals around the world. According to a recent PMI report, India will require 7 million (70 lakhs) new project managers in the next 10 years since India is emerging as the world’s project management-oriented employment destination due to many upcoming projects. One of the benefits of PMP certification to organizations and individuals is that it increases the profit and quality of the work.
PMP is worth it for following 12 reasons
- Adds value to your resume: The Project Management Professional certificate in your resume uplifts your skill set and market value. It also shows that you are capable of leading and executing sophisticated projects.
- Experience in project management: Project management education gives you real experience of handling projects. You will be trained to work along with the team, exposed to problems and challenges that often occur when leading a project. This prior knowledge puts you in a position to deal with any situation.
- Internationally recognized certificate: The PMP certification exam is highly recognized around the world because of its brilliant theories and competencies it emphasizes on. If you have a PMP certification, it implies that you have the necessary abilities for a project manager’s job and the capacity to provide exceptional results.
- Greater earnings: For a PMP-qualified project manager, the typical income benchmark is pretty high. According to a recent PMP survey, the average income of a PMP manager is $1,08,000. This is one of the most compelling reasons to pursue the PMP certification.
- Direct Learning: During the PMP course duration, training is provided through direct online training, virtual classes, project training, workshops and seminars. To finish this course you must attend 35 hours of contact hours. This will deepen your project management knowledge.
- Keep yourself updated: Interaction with professionals broadens your perspectives and increases your understanding. As the industry is changing, PMP educates you on current market trends in all industries and gives an idea on the growth of the industry and its scope.
- Ability to meet your customer needs: PMP-certified professionals are trained to design the objectives of the project in a way that meets the requirements of the clients and the purpose of the project.
- Applies across all industries: The PMP certification proficiency can be employed across industries and regions due to the practical application of principles. The PMP certification does not apply to a particular standard, practice, or organization.
- Better employee growth: The PMP credential demonstrates that you have a high degree of competence and expertise in the field of project management. This provides better career opportunities with better pay throughout the world.
- Tools and techniques: When you undergo project management training, you learn many tools and techniques which will improve your work performance. You will know how to handle teams, initiate meetings, resolve conflicts, and manage time, costs and quality.
- Networking: PMI provides you many opportunities to network with other project management professionals. This not only increases your knowledge but also exposes you to better career opportunities.
- Prestige: Adding PMP after your name is considered prestigious amongst professionals. It also means that you have the ability to crack a difficult exam like PMP. Well, with Anexas, we simplify this difficult task.
Advantages and Disadvantages of PMP certification
The awareness of PMP advantages and disadvantages will help you analyze if the PMP certification is worth your career. The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification offers numerous advantages and some potential disadvantages to consider. On the positive side, obtaining a PMP certification demonstrates a high level of project management expertise and can significantly enhance career prospects. It validates your knowledge of industry best practices, increases your earning potential, and provides a competitive edge in the job market. Additionally, PMP-certified professionals often have access to a robust network of peers and resources within the project management community.
However, it’s essential to acknowledge the potential drawbacks as well. The PMP certification requires a significant investment of time, effort, and financial resources. The eligibility criteria and exam preparation process can be rigorous. Moreover, maintaining the certification requires ongoing professional development and adherence to the PMI Code of Ethics. It’s essential to carefully weigh the PMP advantages and disadvantages to determine if pursuing the PMP certification aligns with your career goals and aspirations.
Why PMP certification is important?
Why is PMP certification important? In today’s competitive job market, where project management plays a crucial role across industries, obtaining a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification can make a significant difference in your career. The PMP certification is recognized globally and validates your knowledge and skills in project management methodologies and best practices. It demonstrates your commitment to professionalism, excellence, and continuous learning in the field.
Moreover, PMP-certified professionals are often preferred by employers, as they bring a standardized approach to project management, ensuring successful project outcomes. Whether you are a seasoned project manager or aspiring to enter the field, investing in PMP certification can provide you with a competitive edge and propel your career to new heights. Let us learn the benefits of PMP certification to understand why PMP is important.
PMP Salary trends in India
|Sno.||Year and Demand||Salary Before PMP certification in India||Salary After PMP certification in India|
|1||2010||INR 7 Lakhs ($10,000)||INR 11 Lakhs ($15,000)|
|2||2014||INR 11 Lakhs ($15,000)||INR 18 Lakhs ($24,000)|
|3||2018||INR 17 Lakhs ($23,000)||INR 21 Lakhs ($28,000)|
|4||2021||INR 21 Lakhs ($28,000)||INR 27 Lakhs ($36,500)|
|5||Expected by 2027||INR 35 Lakhs ($47,000)||INR 50 Lakhs ($67,500)|
Benefits of PMP for an individual
If you are interested in the project management stream, then PMP certificate is the best choice. Project management education provides knowledge on how to plan and strategize for the project. It improves your way of handling projects and a noticeable increase in your salary.
Benefits of PMP certification to organizations
When your employees are PMP- certified project managers, they become the pillars of your company’s success. PMP professionals have the ability to increase the pace and quality of the process by preventing errors. As the quality increases your clients get satisfied. This also gives you a boost to accept more projects. Thus, your company revenue also increases.
How does PMP help in career development?
The PMP certification offers significant advantages for career growth and development. By attaining the PMP certification, professionals gain recognition for their project management expertise, demonstrating a high level of competence in the field. This certification enhances credibility and opens doors to new career opportunities. PMP-certified individuals are often sought after by employers who value standardized project management practices and methodologies. It validates your knowledge of industry best practices and equips you with the skills to effectively lead and manage projects. Additionally, the PMP certification increases earning potential and can lead to promotions and higher-level roles within organizations. Investing in the PMP certification can be a transformative step in advancing one’s career in project management.
Is Project Management Professional worth the money?
The average cost of project management training in India ranges from INR 10,000 – INR 30,000. Project management training is not as easy compared to other training courses. It takes a lot of effort and passion to gain experience in project management. But once you crack it, the repercussions are worth it. You will have enough opportunities and a supremacy during your recruitment process. The return on your investment of time and money would definitely be worth it.
Ask yourself these 5 Questions If you are confused about taking the PMP exam
- Am I convinced that the PMP certification is important for me?
- Am I interested in Project management?
- Have I understood the benefits of getting PMP certification?
- Am I ready to devote time to crack this difficult exam?
- Have I found the right institute to undergo the training?
If the answer to the above question is Yes, then don’t think twice. PMP is the right choice for you. I am waiting to welcome you for my PMP training.
PMP exam fees
|Type of Exam||Members||Non-Members|
|Computer Based Test||INR30,020||INR41,140|
|Paper Based Test||INR18,531||INR29,650|
If you have decided your career in project management, a PMP certificate is mandatory to excel in your field. As discussed, the PMP certification course takes effort and dedication to clear but ROI is worth considering. By now, you would know the 12 reasons why PMP certification is worth it. Now, it’s your turn to decide!
Does PMP really help?
Yes, PMP really helps in your project management career. If you are a PMP professional, you will get better job opportunities all over the world with better salaries.
Does PMP increase your salary?
Yes! Project management certification increases your salary by a huge margin. According to the recent survey, PMP certificate holders earn 20%-50% higher than the others.
How long is PMP valid for?
A PMP certificate is valid for three years. To maintain the credential, you have to keep earning the PDUs by presentation, lecturing and volunteering work. Minimum 60 PDUs is required for renewal of the certificate. Anexas helps you do that.
Is the PMP exam hard?
PMP exam can be challenging. It takes effort and dedication to finish the project training and the certification exam. But with the right guidance and training, you can pass the exam in your first attempt. Once you clear the exam, you will earn plenty of merits that will be worth your time, effort and money. Anexas will make your PMP journey easy.
Is PMP certification worth it in 2022?
Of course Yes. PMP certification is worth it in 2021. A recent survey conducted by PMI institute indicated that by 2027 India will become a project management oriented employment destination. This is also true for the rest of the countries given the upcoming progress after COVID-19. PMP will definitely help you to stay ahead.
What is the salary of a PMP?
In India, the average annual income for a Project Manager PMP is INR 25,00,000. Salaries for Project Manager PMP employees in India are based on information provided anonymously by Project Manager and PMP employees.
Who should do PMP certification?
The PMP certification is ideal for professionals who are involved in project management or aspire to advance their careers in this field. It is particularly beneficial for project managers, team leaders, project coordinators, and individuals responsible for managing and executing projects. However, the PMP certification is not limited to specific industries or job titles. It is suitable for professionals from various sectors, including IT, construction, healthcare, finance, manufacturing, and more. If you have experience in managing projects and want to validate your skills and enhance your career prospects, pursuing the PMP certification is highly recommended.