Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent) 1,500 hours of project experience OR 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam
Certified Associate in Project Management
This CAPM® course provides the ground work for the organization's execution team to start applying PMI® methodology. In addition, it clears the road for delegates to prepare for the CAPM certification examination. Whether you're new to project management, changing careers or already serving as a subject matter expert on project teams, the CAPM can get your career on the right path or take it to the next level.
If you are a project manager with less than 2 years experience, looking to demonstrate your commitment to project management, improve your ability to manage larger projects and earn additional responsibility, & stand out to potential employers, the CAPM certification is right for you.
The CAPM certification offers recognition to practitioners who are starting their career in project management as well as project team members who wish to demonstrate their project management knowledge. This certification denotes that the individual possesses knowledge in the principles and terminology of A Guide to Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), the standard of project management's generally recognized good practices.
The knowledge a practitioner gains from earning the CAPM® certification can be applied to on-the-job experiences which help develop growing levels of competence in the practice of project management.
Benefits of attending course from Anexas :
- PMI's Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification provides you with a globally recognised project management credential.Your CAPM certification will automatically indicate to prospective employers that you are well versed in global project management processes and terminology.
- Among other things CAPM will equip you with:
- Skills to initiate a project
- Project preparation and planning proficiency
- Executing, monitoring, controlling and completing a project
- Estimating activity costs
- Planning for quality at every stage
- Performing quality assurance
- Hiring, leading and managing a project team
PMI and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Gain an understanding of the key Knowledge Areas and Process Groups in PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide)
- Prepare to pass PMI’s Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) exam and earn the CAPM credential
- 23 contact hours of Project Management Education
- Interactive quizzes and exercises
- CAPM practice exam questions & Answers
Go to PMI's online certification page and this page lets you set up an account with PMI for enrollment and getting information on membership and certification.
PMI Members pay $225 for the test and non-members pay $300. So, it would be worth considering becoming a member of PMI and avail the first of several benefits that are available only to members. You can find out more details in PMI website.
If you are a student, then you pay USD 32 only for PMI membership. However, if you are not a student then as an individual you pay USD 129 to join (plus USD $10 application fee). As a PMI member, you gain exclusive access to PMI publications and our global standards, networking options with our chapters and online communities of practice and leadership and volunteer opportunities. You'll also receive discounts on certification exams and renewals, as well as our professional development offerings.
You need to pay for the CAPM examination only after your application is processed and approved. You will be notified by PMI and details on how to make the payment will be part of the notification. You can pay by credit card, cheque, international debit card, wire transfer or money order.